Monday, May 8, 2023

WILL AI REALLY DICTATE THE FUTURE?

My cousin in law penned an astoundingly lucid book a couple of years ago and I finally got to reading it. Many paragraphs struck resonance with me. So I thought I will pen a few words in my juvenile knowledge of Artificial Intelligence ("AI") with reference to Blockchain and the Future.

In a way, the Blockchain technology is AI designed. When I first started to look into this novelty about 7 years ago, I realized the inherent "power" of this tech and the immense implications for the future. I could see it's applications beyond just technology and finance: The decentralizing of power is mind bending because after millions of years of first total democracy (or complete chaos whichever way you look at it), Man organized himself and then this "structured" inhabitation systems (or central control) evolved.
This worked fine for a few thousand years until we realized that central control is really, well, bad (don't ask the communists....they haven't evolved enough to appreciate freedom) and now we are toying with several forms of government (or governance). None seems to be working too well really.
Just look around....are we being run by some form of "illuminati" etc? Do the Rockerfellers really control the world. And the conspiracy theories abound. Is it possible that AI had indeed evolved so far ahead and destroyed the future world and thence, "man" was (re)born and is now heading along the path of similar self destruction. Afterall, if we believe the historians, we have had some 5 billion years to experiment? Remember "Planet of the Apes"? Or the Aliens that look half human half, well, machine?
That's why I embraced the Blockchain technology back in 2016 and waited out a few years of being thought as crazy. Just like most of us, I'm sure the future is going to be digitally driven, therefore there must be a "fuel" (aka currency) to drive the digital world. And hence, digital currency (or now more popularly known as Cryptocurrency) was born. While the world debates about the "use", "fungibility", "reasonableness", "measurability" and every other "ity" around, the rest of the digital world has embraced Cryptocurrency and is moving along. Of course, Bitcoin ("BTC") and Ethereum form about 55% of the global digital currency total - perhaps just like the US$ and Euro? I am not talking about the "reasonableness" of mining cryptos in this article. Will save that for another day. The digital world lives in the "cloud".....ironically, the current world consider's "God's" abode to also be - in the skies. Coincidence or Design?
Just like fossil fuel drives the current world, "wheels" drove the ancient world. I have long decided that the world henceforth will be inevitably digital and have even thought about "transferring" my brain into an AI bot so that one day, I will be able to "talk" to my (grand)children in their future. And with any luck, leave them a Satoshi or two (Btw, a Satoshi is 1/100,000,000 of a BTC).
Sounds crazy ...... .always thinking ahead. Hence when I write my musings in the "digital" media (and oftentimes suffer some ridicule).....just remember, it's not just for me/you......it's for the future. Only "God" knows? Of course my (grand)children reading this piece in a hundred years from now will love "Letters from crazy Grandpa" on their digital "tablets" of the future.
Was God an invention of a past AI ? Remember......"control".

https://youtu.be/x_BcsLTvFAo


No comments:

Welcome to the Islamic Republic of GAZA

Suggestion to manage Gaza after the current war with Israel:  1) Compel Israel to rebuild the border wall so that Gaza becomes like Berlin b...