Thursday, September 19, 2019

Released for a while..........

This personal message goes out to those who came forward immediately (and without any questions), with personal assistance, legal/bail money contributions, moral and time (especially to look after my son while WL was running around) support and other forms of assistance to my family and me while I was in prison for the past 7 days. I am now in the "recovery" mode - prison does indeed drain one's energies, and maybe, even the will to live.

I need a few days to rejuvenate my mind and body, and maybe soul too. There are many of you whom I wish to thank publicly but for the sake of privacy, I will not name you personally in this general message but this heartfelt gratitude goes out to you from me directly so you can rest assured I know of your personal support - I am truly really grateful, words fail me to express further my level of gratitude. In good times, I have many "friends" and so I assumed. But, I now only know who my TRUE friends are: It takes a life-stunting lesson like this to find out the truth.

Having said these, it would be terribly remiss of me not to publicly mention my ever supportive life-partner Wei Ling who trudged on bravely against the legal system, (in)justice system, maddening bureaucracy and family chaos while being a loving mother to my son (who thought daddy was in "hospital"). Without WL, I would likely still be suffering in jail. She made numerous calls, trips, pleas with authorities to get me freed, shuttling between the courts, home, lawyers' offices and Kajang prison daily - she was so exhausted, after fetching me back at about 10pm from prison, yesterday, she could not even get up from bed. I would also like to thank my brother Suresh who left aside his busy practice to run around relentlessly to push the paperwork (and it is not easy when you take on the system) to get me freed. My Dad and Mum fully believe in me regardless of the court's verdict and were there for me at deciding moments. Of course, real good friends like Somas, Nalini, Anand & Rani, Ganesan, Shahid & Shamima and Paul who came for court hearings in the past 4 years, made recent prison visits, or arranged expert legal help by using their influences, and other forms of leverage. Also, not forgetting those who made "cameo" appearances at court hearings like S’pore Talip, Mike, Pava, Teoh, Francis, Albert, Dato' Iskandar, Maha & Meesha, and others. I am very grateful for your selfless support at all hours of the day, and indeed, at many nights.

WL also informed me that some of you called her personally to extend your moral support and strategic advice, some even at 3am considering her full day’s hectic schedule - I also warmly thank you all for this very much needed support to my young soulmate who, perhaps, this, was her first real life crisis. Without explaining the brutal (and that being the kindest of words I can think of) realities of being in prison, I can only say I survived the 7 days of HELL.......mainly in the HOPE that I had to get out to see my family, and live to fight another day for my innocence. Many a times in my despair, I almost gave up. As many of you know, the (absolutely unreasonable and unprecedented) sentence by the Sessions Court of 9 years or RM 9 mil was suspended in full by the High Court on 17/9 and I was set free pending my Appeal (maybe within the next 3 years) with a bond of RM 900,000 paid by
some family members and friends.

I did not mean to leave anyone out from this personal "Thank You" message but if I did, I do apologize profusely. In summary, I am really glad to have you as my family and friend, or both. My battle is not over yet, and I will still need support from you given the odds against me - but I am very relieved that I have a loyal and supportive "army of love" behind me for the tough journey ahead. Thank you once again.

Ramesh and family.

No comments:

Welcome to the Islamic Republic of GAZA

Suggestion to manage Gaza after the current war with Israel:  1) Compel Israel to rebuild the border wall so that Gaza becomes like Berlin b...