Sunday, January 10, 2021

SOMEBODY's WATCHIN YOU ?

Many years ago, I watched Enemy of the State (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjogdKObxrI) and was very troubled at the numerous ways Big Brother could track us. Can it be that accurate I wondered then.
Then came along Eagle Eye (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve_HGFCyCd8) some 10 years later that convinced me that we are all being tracked, one way or another.
Since then, I've resigned to the fact that indeed, we live in a "progressive" world where we must be connected somehow: Price of "civilization".
Our digital footprint is everywhere....and anyone (especially Big Bro) can track us: Even if my 87 year Dad refuses to embrace technology (he shuts off his old Nokia phone when not using, no FB, no Wa, no ATM card, no credit cards, no computers etc), "they" can still track him as he uses a bank account to receive his pension (that he manually withdraws at the counter and records his details). There's no escaping unless we decide to don a robe and sit in the jungle about 100 miles inside Pahang (well, may get eaten by tigers...).
Even then, the technology is out there where a drone/space probe hundreds/thousands of miles up there, can zap you to tinder in seconds....simply based on the "signal" triangulated...maybe our DNA that's stored in some database somewhere in the digital banks. And, recently there is talk that someone (or something) wants to imbed a chip in our body that would be useful for medical purpose (yeah right...) like a vaccine ?
I recall some 25 years ago, I asked my company techie as to how I can clean my hard-disk so that the "interesting" materials inside can never be unearthed. Maybe have a tech reformat the disk? He said, best way is to take the hard-disk and drive over it several times, then pour a bottle of acid, and then burn it. Even then, the sites that I visited can be tracked by the IP etc. NO ESCAPING discovery. (Back then, nobody heard of VPN).
So when recently WA asked me to "accept" or else...I clicked "accept". I can't fight "technology". I'm quite sure I am not important enough for them to "watch" me...and with not much spending power, sending me ads is at best, irritating:). But imagine if you are a person of interest - what a scary thought?
My MIL is now considering removing her FB for good, and maybe even WA. (I wonder what sites has she been to.....). But even if you used SMS, "they" can track you. Anything electronic leaves a permanent footprint...it's out there in the world wide clever web.......be warned.
As Rockwell said (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY): Somebody's watchin' Me:

No comments:

Welcome to the Islamic Republic of GAZA

Suggestion to manage Gaza after the current war with Israel:  1) Compel Israel to rebuild the border wall so that Gaza becomes like Berlin b...